Picture Poetry

These poems were written based on pictures. I have not included the original picture links with the words. Most can stand on their own without them. To see the pictures, go to Photographic Inspiration.

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Sidewalk

The sidewalk joins me
as I make my walk home.
It keeps me company
with its shadows
so I am never alone.

Even those shadows
are familiar to me
since I see them
each time I return
home after school.

We play games.
"X" marks the start
of the final stretch
and I know someone
is waiting for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger katy said...

vickie,
your poems remind me of what home feels like, what home is like for a child. what a beautiful collection you have gathering here. truly beautiful.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Katy,

Thank you for your wonderful and generous comments. I'm glad you found a piece of home in this one.

5:25 PM  
Blogger sonal said...

beautiful poem - it resonates with me deeply- when i walked frm school alone and the sidewalk was always with me - i really never felt alone- thanks

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home